Whether your goal is to add pattern, texture, or make a bold statement, there are a number of places in your home where wallpaper can be applied to make it look more impressive and refined. With there being a multitude of timeless and budget friendly wallpapers currently on the market, it is an attractive and practical design element that will elevate your home and not go out of style.
-Walls- add some texture in a faux grass cloth and/or a lively pattern while maintaining function: vinyl papers are cost effective and easy to wipe clean with soap and water.
- Tray Ceilings- mix two papers- one for the walls and one for the tray ceiling for a chic "Wow" factor. In the dining room pictured below, a solid grey faux grass cloth paper is used on the walls, and a geometric faux grass cloth paper is applied to the tray ceiling.
- a small space that is removed from your living space, such as a powder room, is a great place to try something more daring and fun and make a big impact.
- create a striking, upscale aesthetic as you enter your home....
...... or a rich, layered look in a home office.
- Accent Walls- add some drama in a potentially bland or uninspiring space. For instance, a statement wall behind a headboard in a bedroom creates a more dynamic look.
- Built-in Cabinets- reduce drywall by applying a textured wallpaper backdrop to highlight accessories.
At, Timeless Design, Kate FitzGerald-Wilks designs with the intent to make clients’ homes both beautiful and functional. A business owner and mom of three, she understands the importance of simplifying home maintenance and organization.
Interested in renovating your home? Send Kate a message to learn how Team Timeless can make your home more beautiful. Also, be sure to check out more photos from this project here.