Not ready or in a financial position for a complete kitchen renovation, or preparing your house for resale? Here are our top kitchen updates that will bring new life to your space, and be well worth the investment.
Replace (or Install) a Tile Backsplash
- backsplashes will add dimension and interest and are the "jewelry" of kitchen design for their eye-catching and often reflective quality. They are also a very practical feature for their cleanable attributes. There are so many tiles to choose from that vary in shape, texture and color. For even more of an impact, play with tile placement (see photos- backsplash subway tile laid in herringbone pattern)
Counter Top Refresh
- choose a clean looking, durable stone to streamline the room. Contrasting the color of the stone to the existing cabinet color will help achieve a balanced look. If desired, choose a statement stone for the island and a more neutral stone for the rest of the counter tops.
Paint Kitchen Island
- paint the base of your island a contrasting color to your other cabinets. This will create a more visually appealing design, and will also help anchor the space.
Update Light Fixtures
- lighting is a design detail that can be done inexpensively, but that makes a big difference in the overall feel of a space ("bang for your buck"). With so many budget friendly, cool light fixtures on the market right now, have fun with it!
- this is a quick and easy way to update your kitchen and add some personality. Just stay true to the design style of your space for a cohesive look.
- swap out an outdated kitchen desk area for a functional coffee/beverage station. Not only is this a convenient, serviceable space for morning coffee or entertaining, you can also incorporate new design elements like floating shelves, a flashier back splash, or updated cabinetry.
At, Timeless Design, Kate FitzGerald-Wilks designs with the intent to make clients’ homes both beautiful and functional. A business owner and mom of three, she understands the importance of simplifying home maintenance and organization.
Interested in renovating your home? Send Kate a message to learn how Team Timeless can make your home more beautiful. Also, be sure to check out more photos from this project here.